To start off your February here are a few recipes that our family enjoys. For a full post you can go to Military Moms Blog and read my Friday Favorites that will be published on February 7, 2020.
Santa Fe Soup
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 packages (1oz size) Ranch Dressing
- 2 packages (1.25oz size) taco seasoning
- 2 cans of shoepeg corn drained
- 2 cans of water
- 1 can black beans (16oz) undrained
- 1 can pinto beans (16oz) undrained
- 1 can kidney beans (16 oz) undrained
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5oz) undrained
- 1 can diced Rotel chilies (10oz) undrained
Cook hamburger meat until brown and onion is tender. Drain excess grease. Add all ingredients in a crockpot on high for approximately six hours. Top individual servings with shredded cheese, sour cream, jalapeños, or chopped green onions if desired. Serve with tortilla chips, cornbread, or flour tortillas. Leftovers can be frozen.
- 6 boneless chicken breast
- 2 jars Pace mild salsa (24oz)
- 1 package Old El Paso Chicken Taco seasoning
Put in crockpot on high heat for four hours. Remove chicken and shred. Put chicken back into crockpot to continue cooking for another hour and a half to two hours, stirring occasionally. Put in your favorite shell and enjoy. I also like to put the shredded chicken on a bun for a chicken sandwich or make nachos with.
Gigi’s Lemon Pound Cake
- Betty Crocker Super Moist Yellow Cake Mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 package Jello Instant Lemon Pudding
Mix together well cake mix, eggs, oil, and water. Slowly add package of Jello Instant Pudding.
Grease Bundt pan, sprinkle with flour (I use Baker’s Joy with flour spray). Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Check to make sure center of cake is fully cooked. When cooled, flip onto cake platter, allow to finish cooling and then sprinkle with powdered sugar.
*It’s really good with homemade vanilla ice cream.